Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bad Week Ahead...


Well, Brian did what he does best... tore his ACL in his knee. He has to have surgery on Tuesday and hopefully won't miss too much school. Maybe it is time for him to give up basketball what do you think? He has been pretty positive about the whole thing, but he says that that might change on Tuesday. Also, Davis fell all the way down the stairs tonight and scared us half to death. He was fine but Brian just kept kissing him and asking him if he was okay for the rest of the night. On a good note, we went to Cincinnati and Lexington, KY this past weekend. It was kind of a spur of the moment trip. We just found places to stay and eat as we went. Davis loved the Kentucky Horse Farm (mainly throwing rocks though).

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's no fun that Brian has to have surgery. I'm also sorry to hear that Davis fell down the stairs! I can't believe how big Davis is getting!! He is so adorable! I'm excited that you've started a blog, I hope you don't mind me checking it out. If you feel inclined you could check out ours at frisbyfamily.blogspot.com.

Elise said...

Dang...sorry about that and good luck with the surgery Brian. I know Shane's going to do something like that one of these times. When churchball calls, you must go. Sounds like you at least had a fun weekend though! Spur of the moment trips are sometimes the best ones.

Lyns said...

Brian! QUIT tearing your ACL! My goodness boy! I hope you heal well and the surgery goes well. That is the reason my husband doesn't play much basketball anymore! :) What a fun weekend trip. It's nice to just take a spur of the moment trip and do some fun stuff.

Catlin said...

Good luck! That does not sound fun! A rolled ankle is the worst we've had, so far!

DentalDad said...

well, it looks like you're going to have extra time to play PSII college football so you might have a fighting chance against me. Ok, in all reality I'm sure you'd still win. I don't think I've played since Logan together. We still have yet to make friends quite like you two. We sure had some fun times together. And to think, if we hadn't shared that bed in Ecuador we might never have gotten so close. That's what I attribute this friendship to. Hey sorry to hear about your knee. Luckily us dentists don't really need our knees!! Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

Joni said...

Your family picture is so cute! It is so good to hear how you guys are doing! We sure miss you and sorry about Brian's surgery that really is no fun for either of you!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Bad luck! I hope the surgery goes well-good luck! And if he's like Spenny, he'll never give up on basketball.