Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just an update

Davis cleaning out his toe jam. Gross!

We went in for Brian's pre-surgery doctor's appointment yesterday and the doctor came in with some bad news. He said he looked at the MRI again and decided the surgery was going to be much more extensive than he previously thought, so doing it during this one week break wouldn't work. So now Brian has to limp around for another 3 months until June! Then he has to get the ACL repaired and have meniscus implants and microfractures in his cartilage (whatever that means) and won't be able to walk for several months. Thanks for all the good luck comments and they can carry over to June. The good news is that I got a new job at Target. It will be during the night so Brian can be home with Davis and we can keep in state tuition.

11 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Not to mention a good discount at target right? Poor Brian!

Lyns said...

Shoot! That does not sound like a fun next few months! Good luck with everything. Your job at Target sounds good. Are you not being a nanny anymore? Do you get a discount at Target because that's great if you do!

Kaydee said...

Hey Pooh,
Brian's knee thing really stinks. Think of how patient and mothering you are going to have to be for weeks on end. Yuck! Ha ha just kidding, you will be much better at taking care of him than I would ever be with my dear hubby. I wish both of you good luck. Your pictures of your little vacation are so cute! I am glad to see that you are staying in touch with your inner child. I also love love love the one of Davis sucking his toes, how sweet! Wish Brian luck from Launey and I.

Raquel said...

Hey Rachel I saw your name on Karrissa's blog so I thought I would check it out! Davis is so cute, I love the pictures! That sucks about Brian, hope everything goes ok. Congrats on the new target job!

Elise said...

Wow, it's the never ending story huh. That stinks! Nice on the new job! Love Target! So I guess you're not nannying anymore, right?

Unknown said...

Hey Rachel, I didn't know you guys had a blog. I am so glad. We actually have a new blog address now, it is www.cmjarrettfamily.blogspot.com. I am sorry about Brian, I hope everything goes ok with the surgery. Davis is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe how big he is. I only have 3 weeks left until my due date...crazy!

Natasha said...

Hooray for Target! No more Annie! When do you start? Let us know how it goes!

Amanda said...

Rachel and Brian
HELLOOO! Shalise told me about your Blog. I am sorry to hear about Brians knee. We miss you guys. Dansie parties just aren't the same without you!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Well at least you guess got to do something over spring break too bad you did not get to come that would of been fun! good luck on the new job!

Kati said...

Hi!! I hope it is okay that I clicked on to your blog!! I hope all goes well in June! Congrats on the job.

About us said...

HI guys!!!Its natalie Vetica from the 61st ward in Logan. I heard you had a blog and I was so excited. Davis is SOOO big. I am so sorry to hear about Brian's knee. I know all about the torture he is going to go through. Good thing he as an amazing wife to help him through it. We miss you guys!