Sunday, April 27, 2008

Obsessed with watching movies

Since I have been working the night shift I needed a way to distract Davis during the mornings that I get off work. Up until about 3 weeks ago Davis was not interested in watching movies. Well, now he is so addicted we don't know what to do. He wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes around 2 or 3 and wants to go downstairs to watch a movie. One night Brian took him downstairs, turned a movie on and went back to bed. He was planning on getting Davis in 20 min (so he said) but 3 hours later woke up and realized he left him downstairs. No worries Davis was asleep on the couch.
Davis loves Nemo, Cars and Incredibles (those are the only disney ones we have). I made Brian pick a couple movies up from the library the other day so he could have a few more to watch. Davis doesn't really care about any other ones. I know that it probably isn't the best thing for him to do but It saves my life so I can lay on the couch and sleep. Someday we will have to break him of this obsession.




Davis has to have all of his movies sitting right next to him while he watches



Sometimes he likes to sit right below the tv and watch. I hate when he does that.

11 comments:

Lyns said...

How cute! You're lucky! Ava won't watch a movie for 2 seconds! He is such a cute kid and I love how he has to have the movies sitting next to him! :)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That is hilarious! I guess that allows you to get some things done if anything. So where are you working now? Utah was great! It was so nice for my family to get to see Logan. I need to put up pictures-but we all had colds, and now the flu...so I haven't been getting too much done.

maria said...

You have to do what you have to do to survive!!!! The TV is the only way that I have made it through hygiene school! Hayden isn't going to know what hit him come May 3rd! Hayden really needed a buddy yesterday. We were wishing you guys were here! Have you heard about summer tuition yet?

Bushel and a Peck Preschool said...

We wish every day that Addy would watch more than 10 minutes of a movie. The other 2 loved movies. There are a lot of worse habits!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Hey at least you are getting a little nap it is hard staying up all night! We need to do something soon!

DentalDad said...

That made me laugh so hard. I would pay money to have Brian tell me that story in real life. There's nothing better than a funny story from Brian. Sometimes I like to watch movies in the middle of the night too.

Natasha said...

I miss him! Think of it this way...it is lengthening his attention span, he is learning to piece details together to make a story over a long period of time...look at what you are teaching him!!

Kaydee said...

Pooh I am so happy that you updated. I loved the zoo post, but come on enough is enough! There are times in any mother's life when survival is the most important thing. I am sure that most kids out there watch more tv than their moms really want them to, mine included. I watched a lot of tv as a kid and I turned out great! Don't make yourself feel guilty it is too easy to do :).

Karl & Leslie said...

Hi Rachel,
It's me I been thinking about you so much lately. I'm so glad you blog so we can keep in touch. I have a cell phone number for you but I wasn't sure if it was your nunber still. Your little boy is so cute. I want to talk to you.I'm going to add you to my friends list.I hope all is well for your you and your family. Love Leslie

The Fast Family said...

Hey Rach! Im so glad you found me. Davis is a cutie. :) This will be a fun way for us to keep in touch. Are any of your friends on your page anyone I would know from back in the day? Love ya, glad you are going well.

Karl & Leslie said...

Hey it's me
My parents live in California.They are doing great.Gary and Steph live there also. I'm moving the very end of August. I so excited. It'll be fun I hope!my # is 760-684-9175.How long have you been there? and how much longer will you be there?