Friday, May 9, 2008

Hocking Hills

Brian didn't have to go to school yesterday so we decided to take a little day trip down to Hocking hills national forest. It is about an hour southeast of Columbus and it's a pretty cool place. It was raining so we didn't hike around to much but we saw a lot of prettiness. It is so green and peaceful there. We're thinking about going back when my parents come and visit and maybe stay in a little cabin or cottage. There's so many cool little places to stay and eat at.

Pretty picture

Davis and me just holding our umbrella's

Davis running in the parking lot

The happy family

We're standing in a big open cave.
It is called Old Man's Cave
I know you really can't see us but we
wanted to capture the scene behind us.

I thought that this was so cute!!
Where's Brian's head?

Davis had to hold the umbrella so I had to stand
behind him to hold it up.

eating chicken nuggets on the way home. Yummy!

7 comments:

maria said...

What a fun trip! It is so green! Is that what it is like where you live? Post some pictures of your place. I would love to see where you live :)

Natasha said...

It looks like such a fun time. I'm glad you said you saw lots of 'prettiness.' When I read that I felt like I was sitting right next to you talking. I am cracking up at how independent Davis is! He is so funny holding his umbrella. Did you happen to run into a 'Sister Jones' in Georgetown Ohio??

Lyns said...

What a cool place! Those pics are so cute! I laughed out loud when you said, "where is Brian's head?" Ha Ha. Looks like a really fun time.

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Hey it looks like you guys had fun we want to go out there again sometimes! Hey you could have a babysitter a little more if you ever called me and asked me to watch davis! We really need to trade more!

Joni said...

Your family is so cute! It is always so nice when our husbands don't have school. We sure miss you guys!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful area, it looks like you had a great trip!

Unknown said...

that is so sweet Brian!! I tried to convince Cody to do something like that on our blog, but that didn't happen:) And Rachel, THANK YOU so much for the cute I love Daddy outfit!! Cody loved it and so do I! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you I have just been busy since I went back to work. Thanks again!!